Saturday, June 12, 2010

2 in a row, and then I wussed out.

Well, at least it was raining pretty hard when I woke up this morning.  So that's my lame(ish) excuse for not riding into work today.  The last two days were awesome though!  I'm so glad that I did; the days were warm and sticky and so was I upon arrival at the bike shop, but it was well worth it.

Why do you ride?

Why don't you ride?

I made a new riding acquaintance Thursday on my trip in.  His name is Ross and I encountered him on 32nd St. just off of Woolworth.  He was jumping a curb to get off of the street and cut over to the sidewalk before jumping back into the street as I was turning North.  Getting a little extra adrenaline out of his a.m. commute, I guess.  So, me being me, I asked him where he was going and how often he commutes.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that he rides to his job at 13th and Farnam from 42nd and Center almost every day!  You go Ross!!  We chatted for a few blocks and then I continued on my way.  He was on a pretty old mountain bike with slick tires; he thankfully was sporting a helmet and full messenger bag.

Good for you Ross, keep on pedaling.  So will I.
SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment