Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm In Love...with a New Bicycle

It's true.  I am afraid I've fallen hard.  And not off my bike, but rather onto it.  Just last week I was the lucky recipient of a new Salsa Vaya.   Holy moly, this may be the perfect bike.  Granted, I've only ridden it about 5 times since then, but boy howdy am I liking it so far.  The list goes on and on, but to breeze through a few outstanding highlights:  STI shifters (these are so rad that during the first ride I audibly exclaimed my amazement of the smooth and instant shifting; quite a change from the old bar end shifters I was rocking), comfortable steel frame (dependable and NOT a rust bucket like the old frame I was riding), super duper disc brakes (confident inspiring whilst pulling a 75# golden retriever behind you in a Burley Tail Wagon),  plus it just looks sweet.  I wrapped the bars with pink tape and threw on a pink skull bell with a bow on her head for good measure.  I also put my Specialized Body Geometry saddle on it to make it rideable in my opinion.  Now, it's my bike. 

Thanks to Greenstreet for puchasing it and to Jonn for putting her together. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new ride, Sarah. I'm stoked for you... Vern's perfect for the adventures you're puttin' in on him.

    Adventure by Bike!!

    ReplyDelete