Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I Guess this is Spring!

The view along Woolworth through Field Club

The Copper view

I didn't quite catch her, but there was another gal riding!

The view off of 19th and Dodge of Central!  My alma mater!
It's been a soggy few weeks, off an on, but Copper and I have been smiling and commuting daily anyway. 

Anyway, the rides have been good.  Today I was particularly packed down.  I don't even want to guess how much weight I was towing, including Copper, my laptop, yoga clothes, paperwork/notebooks, rain gear, and then just the regular messenger bag stuff that accumulates.  It was heavy. 

I don't think that I've written about the transformation that Vern (my Vaya) has undergone lately!  It's now a triple instead of a double since I am a wuss and really like having a super easy granny gear for the hilly ride home, particularly after a long day at the shop.  Pulling Copper home is not always the easiest for tired legs...so now it's easier!  It's also a longer crank arm which is a better fit than my old set up.  At the same time that I was pulling the rest of it apart, I put on a narrower bar (again, to help the fit) and I'm overall, much happier because of all the modifications.

Last week was Bike to Work Week and I asked my ladies to share a commuting story or two.  One lovely gal, Lori, shared this:

"Nothing fancy here. But there was one day last week, I was riding in the rain, and thinking, this is not the best idea ever with lightening in the background. But I kept riding, thank God for clothes that dried during the day. So far 8 days into riding to work, love it! Like I said nothing fancy. But the UPS driver is always jealous of me:)"

If you have a story to share, email it to me!  Or, post it up!!

Thanks for reading.

SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment