Friday, July 9, 2010

Winter Boots, No Sunglasses, and a Bad Attitude...But wait...

And I still rode in.



So basically I had so many things (excuses) going through my head that I almost didn't ride.  But you know sometimes when you have so much going against you that you just have to find a way to make it happen?  That was me this morning. 

First of all, I couldn't find my shoes.  I looked high and low and couldn't find my cycling shoes.  So I almost didn't ride.  Then I almost rode a different bike but then I wouldn't have been able to bring Copper!  So, I decided to come up with a (hot) but creative solution to bring Cop with me!  My winter cycling boots with cleats that worked with my pedals.  I looked like a total weirdo in my lycra shorts, tank top, messenger bag, and winter boots. Don't laugh; ok, do.

Secondly, I couldn't find my sunglasses.  Then I realized I left them at the shop and found a second, sub-par pair right before I walked out the door.  But apparently I put them on the counter inside before I went out and locked the door.  At this point I was running pretty late since I spent so much time looking for my shoes so I didn't go back in.

But enough about the bad stuff...

Positive things:
*Copper got into her trailer by herself!!!!  No coercing with food, no lifting a 75# dog in kicking and whimpering, nothing but a happy hop into her Burley Tail Wagon!  Good girl Cop.

*Lots of positive responses from everyone I encountered on the way.

*A pretty entertained homeless guy musing about the dog behind me 

*All sorts of thinking/day planning thoughts!

*No honking or hateful things said to me!

Overall, a good ride in. I just wish I had my summer cycling shoes here and not my winter boots!

-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment