Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sunshine in the City!

What a glorious morning for a ride to the shop.  Usually on Saturdays I drive down because it's a pretty long day and I like to bring Copper and I have the ladies ride, etc... But, today I was forced to ride.  Last night on my way home from The Side Door, I got a flat tire.  My car is still sitting on the side of Leavenworth.  Wave to it (or flip it off) as you pedal by. Luckily my bike was on the top and I just grabbed it, yelled at my car, and pedaled home.  Yay bikes.

So this morning I woke up knowing I'd be pedaling in.  I left Copper at home because I was running a bit behind schedule and it's faster without 80ish pounds of pooch in tow.  It's March!  Even though it was only 20 degrees out, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping!  This fact made me smile all the way downtown.  I cruised Center as usual and noticed that Saturdays have (obviously) a much different traffic flow than week days.  This was a nice change.

It was a chilly ride in, but still with the sunshine and a bunch of layers, I was quite comfortable.  Got to the shop just in the nick of time. Brewed some coffee, put some vinyl (thanks Woodman) on the player and started my day. 

Also, Greenstreet's one year birthday party was on Thursday, and boy did we have a good time.  Here are a few pictures...





Good times were had by all...or at least most.  There was a bit of puking after I encouraged cake sprints.  Shoulda been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment