Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's Happening

I'm not sure if it's the weather, the advocacy and education efforts, or just general Omaha progress,  but there are cyclists galore out on the streets these days!  There's almost bike traffic to get stuck in.  Ok, maybe not quite to that extent yet, but I do believe we're on our way. 

Anyway, with this perfect weather over the last few weeks I've of course been on my bike daily; hauling Copper to and from work, grabbing groceries, riding to friends' houses, the occasional bar hop, you name it, I'm on my bike.  I also have a new project bike in the works that I'm pretty excited about.  It's my old lugged steel Trek touring frame from the mid to late '80s and I'm putting my mustache bar from my other old lugged steel Pinarello that's been sort of unrideable lately due to a front hub issue that I've been putting off fixing.  It will be kind of a fun cruise around townish sort of bike when I don't need the heavy duty capabilities of the Vaya.  Pictures will come soon.  It should be done next week!  My favorite part (well, I'm actually pretty thrilled about most of it) is the Apple Green Brooks saddle that I just finally made my own after looking and drooling over it for the last several months.  She's a beaut!!


Copper, loaded and ready!

After all the crazy storms lately, there have been a bunch of downed trees.

Copper, loving the ride!

My favorite commuting accessory, flip flops.

These thankfully aren't getting torn down now!  Renovation will be fun to observe.

Construction at every turn these days.


I do love riding to work!  I also just sold my 2011 Specialized Ruby and got in its replacement today, the 2012 Ruby Comp.  So far, so good! 

Next week is the Dakota 5-0, which is a 50 mile mountain bike race in Spearfish, South Dakota.  Salsa gave me a Spearfish to race, which is awesome!  Thanks Salsa!!  Wish me luck, it's gonna be a brutal one for me.

Updates will come...eventually!

Get out and ride and let me know how it's going.

-SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment